11-year-old dies because of online trend – now family is warning others about the household item that took his life

An 11-year-old tragically passed away due to a new social media challenge. His parents are cautioning others about the common household object that caused their son’s death. They seek support in sharing their message to prevent further tragedies. May he rest in peace.

Social media can be risky at times.

Tommie-Lee Billington, who was 11 years old, passed away after attempting a well-known TikTok challenge.

Tommie, a boy from Lancaster, England, was having a sleepover at a friend’s house on Saturday. They found a challenge on TikTok and attempted it. Unfortunately, things took a tragic turn and Tommie passed away.

The task is to breathe in harmful gases or chemicals that create a feeling of being high. Some examples are dry shampoo, aerosol deodorant, and glue.

As soon as Tommie breathed in the gas, he suffered a heart attack and passed away immediately.

The hospital tried their best to bring him back, but unfortunately, nothing worked. He’s gone,” his grandmother, Tina Burns, said.

He possessed a heart of gold, much like his father. Our family is completely shattered.

The Sun

Sherri, Tommie’s mother, stated that the trend led to the loss of her son’s life, and pleaded with parents to prevent their children from using this social media platform.

The mother shared on Facebook that her son lost his life by trying something other kids are doing. She urged parents to talk to their children about the consequences and expressed disbelief that anyone would even try it because it’s so dangerous.

I’ve never experienced pain like this before. My whirlwind. I adore you so much, buddy. My little boy. You will always be in my heart. I will do everything I can to make sure that your name and your beautiful face will be the reason other children’s lives are saved and other families don’t have to go through this deep, deep hurt,” she finished her post, which brought tears to many.

The Sun

Another tragic incident occurred due to the same challenge, resulting in the death of 13-year-old Esra Haynes.

Rest in peace, Tommie.

Please SHARE this story with your family and friends on Facebook to help spread Tommie’s mom’s message.

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Support Free Content We use ads to keep our content free for you. Please allow ads and let sponsors fund your surfing. Thank you!